Caesar Salad – Salad
This classic Caesar Salad is fresh, delicious, and flavorful. With crisp romaine lettuce, shaved Parmesan cheese, and crunchy croutons, all tossed in a creamy homemade Caesar dressing, this salad is ready to serve in just minutes.
A side salad Enjoy this Caesar is a must-have recipe in your back pocket. You can serve it along any dinner recipe — any time of the year. But it’s especially great in the summer as a side at family barbecues or picnics, as an easy make ahead lunch to pack for work, or as a shareable salad to take to a potluck.
Why You’ll Love Caesar Salad
- It’s easy to make in just minutes. Salads like this romaine lettuce salad are the best because they are seriously so easy. All you do is prep the ingredients and toss them together. Plus, you can use store-bought salad dressing for convenience, or make your own in a few minutes by whisking together the required ingredients.
- Made with a few ingredients. All you Ask for to make a Caesar salad is romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and dressing. You could also add in some bacon bits to add a little extra flavor into the mix.
- The homemade Caesar salad dressing. If you decide to make the salad dressing at home, you are in for a treat. It’s loaded with that classic caesar flavor — salty, earthy, and umami. Plus, since it’s homemade, it has no preservatives so you’ll be able to taste it’s freshness in every bite.
To make this easy homemade Caesar Salad, you will Require the following ingredients (full measurements in recipe card below):
- romaine lettuce
- parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated or shaved Parmesan. For shaved Parmesan, use a potato peeler to get those thin slices.
- croutons – You can also try this salad with Rice Croutons.
- Caesar salad dressing – I used our homemade Caesar dressing but feel free to use store-bought dressing if that is more convenient. For the homemade dressing, you will Ask for: mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
Caesar Salad Toppings
Some other ingredients that you can add to a Caesar salad are bacon bits, roasted chickpeas, or make it unique with veggies like tomatoes and cucumbers.
How to Make the Best Caesar Salad
Making homemade Caesar salad is one of the easiest salads there is to make. Simply, combine the romaine lettuce, parmesan, and croutons in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with caesar salad dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
How to Make Homemade Caesar Dressing
I love making this salad with my homemade caesar dressing. You will Need to simply combine the salad dressing ingredients together in a mixing bowl including mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Use a whisk to mix everything together.
How to Serve
Serve this Caesar salad as a light lunch or add some protein such as Chicken Breast or Shrimp Skewers to make it a more filling meal. Caesar salad is also a great side salad to serve with your favorite dinner mains such as:
- Make ahead instructions: If you want to make caesar salad ahead of time, I recommend combining everything except for the croutons. The croutons will quickly become soggy. Otherwise, everything else will store well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For best results, store the dressing separately too if you can.
- How to store: Store any leftover tossed salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is best if eating within a day or two because the longer you store it, the more wilted the romaine lettuce will get.
More Salad Recipes
- 40 Best Salad Recipes
- Classic Coleslaw
- Mexican Chicken Caesar Salad
- Greek Salad
- Garden Salad
- Caprese Salad
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don’t miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Classic Caesar Salad is fresh, crisp, delicious, and flavorful. With three simple ingredients tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing, it’s ready in minutes.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped (about cups chopped)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- 1–2 cups croutons
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing (or less to taste)
For the Caesar salad dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon anchovy paste
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In this space, I am always sharing flavorful, fresh, (mostly) healthy recipes that I love to make and eat in my real, actual, every day life. If I wouldn’t eat it in real life, I won’t put in on the blog. You’re cooking for yourself, your family, your roommates, or your friends. I want you to be so excited about these recipes that you eagerly await 5pm when you can go home from work and start cooking.
- In a large serving bowl, combine romaine lettuce, parmesan, and croutons.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Use a whisk to mix together and stir to combine. (Note that caesar dressing is typically thicker than other dressings. If this recipe is too thick for you, whisk in ½ tablespoon of water to thin it out a bit).
- Drizzle salad with caesar salad dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Make ahead instructions: If you want to make caesar salad ahead of time, I recommend combining everything except for the croutons. The croutons will quickly become soggy. Otherwise, everything else will store well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For best results, store the dressing separately too if you can.
How to store: Store leftover Caesar salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is best if eating within a day or two because the longer you store it, the more wilted the romaine lettuce will get.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caesar salad, how to make caesar salad, homemade caesar salad, caesar salad recipe
Caesar Salad – Salad