Ground Turkey Tacos Main Dishes
Turkey tacos are perfect for taco night or anytime you Require a quick and easy recipe that can feed a crowd!
It can’t be any easier! Cook the turkey taco base in the skillet and use it as a centerpiece surrounded by bowls of everyone’s favorite mix-ins, toppings, and sauces!
We Love Turkey Tacos
- This recipe uses seasoned ground turkey for fewer calories.
- It’s made in one pan which means easy clean-up!
- We love a homemade seasoning so we can adjust the spice and salt levels.
- Make a DIY taco bar so everyone can make their own!
Ingredients and Variations
MEAT: We use seasoned ground turkey here, but beef, chicken, even fish will work. This recipe is perfect for leftovers.
SEASONINGS: This uses a homemade seasoning blend for perfect tacos. Add in a spoonful of salsa or even some cheese to change it up a bit.
TACO SHELLS: Use corn or flour, soft or Difficult shells. Or go for a healthy, low-carb version of turkey tacos using whole romaine lettuce leaves as taco shells!
OUR FAVE TOPPINGS: Diced tomatoes, onions, olives, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar, or mozzarella. Top with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or nacho cheese. Don’t forget the hot sauce!
- Use the seasoning mix included in this recipe, or try if you have homemade taco seasoning on hand, you can use that.
- Use on meats, soups, stews, even to season veggies and eggs. It’s so versatile, you’ll want to double the batch!
How to Make Turkey Tacos
Turkey tacos are so simple to make they are sure to become a new weeknight fave!
- Brown turkey and onion, drain fat.
- Simmer with seasoning mix, sauce, & water, per recipe below.
- Scoop mixture in heated taco shells & add mix-ins, toppings, or sauce.
- Keep leftover turkey taco meat in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Use leftovers in stir-fries, burritos (in place of chicken) or even omelets. Use the seasoned meat as a base for hearty turkey chili, soup, or pasta!
- Freeze cooled taco meat in zippered bags labeled with the date for up to 4 months. Reheat on the stovetop with a little bit of water.
So Many Ways to Taco
- Shrimp Tacos – a quick & easy meal
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells – freezer friendly
- Chicken Street Tacos – so easy to make
- Beef Taco Casserole – a fun twist on taco night
- Cheesy Oven Baked Tacos – a crowd favorite
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – a healthy version
- Sweet Potato Tacos – fresh & flavorful
- Walking Tacos – a fun and easy snack
Did your family love these Ground Turkey Tacos? be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Ground Turkey Tacos
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 taco shells Difficult or soft
- toppings as desired
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Over medium heat cook onion and garlic until soft.
Add ground turkey and brown until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Meanwhile, mix taco seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
Add seasoning mixture, water, and tomato paste to the cooked turkey. Bring to a simmer and let simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 350°F. Place taco shells on a tray and bake 5 minutes or until heated.
Fill taco shells with meat and desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Ground Turkey Tacos Main Dishes