Herbed Carrot Salad Salads
A cool and refreshing Carrot Salad is the perfect way to add this simple veggie to dinner or lunch!
Carrots are shaved with a vegetable peeler and tossed with herbs and a simple honey lemon dressing.
This crunchy carrot salad needs no special tools and it’s a yummy side salad with unique sweet-tart dressing.
What is Carrot Salad?
- Fresh and healthy ingredients & a homemade dressing are all it takes to make this delish dish.
- This is a lighter twist on the mayonnaise-based creamy carrot salad of yesteryear.
- Prep the carrots days ahead of time and keep them in the fridge in cold water. They’ll be Difficult not to snack on too!
- Make ahead and let the flavors can blend even more. The carrots still stay crunchy.
What’s in Carrot Salad?
CARROTS: Keep it basic with orange carrots or find a medley of rainbow carrots for a beautiful change. Long, thin strips are made from a vegetable peeler or shredded carrots from a box grater will work, too.
DRESSING: The tangy dressing for carrot salad is the perfect blend of sweet and sour and tart! All dressings have a base of oil and an acid, this one has the addition of honey and Dijon mustard. For an extra burst of flavor, add some freshly grated ginger and cracked black peppercorns.
HERBS: Fresh parsley and fresh dill tossed with the carrots & dressing right before serving. If you’d Like to substitute dried herbs, you’ll Require a bit less (see recipe notes) and they should be added to the dressing so they can rehydrate.
How to Make Carrot Salad
- Peel the carrots and then use the vegetable peeler to make long thin strips of carrot.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients per recipe below.
- Toss carrots & dressing together, chill in the refrigerator. Right before serving, toss with the fresh herbs.
PRO TIP: Spread carrots in a colander and use a paper towel to press out the excess moisture so the salad stays crispy.
What to Serve with Carrot Salad
Carrot salad is a strong side dish and it tastes best with bold entrees Like BBQ Chicken Wings, Stuffed Pork Chops, even a simple, but savory Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Meatloaf.
How to Store
Carrot salad will keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator as long as it’s in a covered container. Drain and stir it before serving again.
Crisp & Crunchy Salads
- Brussels Sprout Salad – with homemade honey-dijon dressing
- Cabbage Salad – ready in minutes
- Bean Sprout Salad – with a zesty soy ginger dressing
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – a reader favorite
- Chickpea Salad – so colorful & fresh
Did you love this Carrot Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Herbed Carrot Salad
- 3 large carrots about 1lb
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon honey or to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Peel carrots and Decrease into thin ribbons using the vegetable peeler.
Toss carrots with the dressing and marinate at least one hour or overnight.
Toss with fresh herbs just before serving.
This works by spiralizing carrots too but we prefer the delicate texture of peeling with a vegetable peeler. Prep carrots a few days ahead of time and store them in cold water in the fridge (they’re fun for snacking too!).
You can substitute another sweet/tart dressing of your choice.
You’ll likely have some cores or some bits that are too small to peel. Snack on them or chop them and add them to soups or casseroles.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Old Fashioned Three Bean Salad
Cranberry Breakfast Bread Pudding
Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Chicken Udon Stir Fry
In this space, I am always sharing flavorful, fresh, (mostly) healthy recipes that I love to make and eat in my real, actual, every day life. If I wouldn’t eat it in real life, I won’t put in on the blog. You’re cooking for yourself, your family, your roommates, or your friends. I want you to be so excited about these recipes that you eagerly await 5pm when you can go home from work and start cooking.
Dijon Chicken Breasts
Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Herbed Carrot Salad Salads