Valentines Day Treats are the perfect way to show someone (or everyone) some love!
This easy M&M blondie recipe comes out perfectly sweet and chewy – and they can be decorated any way you Like!
The Perfect Valentine’s Treat
Blondies, brownies, and cookies of all kinds make a perfect potluck, picnic, or party dessert all year round. Especially if they are dressed up in a lovely box or basket!
Blondies are dessert bars or cookies with the texture of brownies but with brown sugar and vanilla instead of cocoa so they stay “blonde.”
These colorful bars can be decorated with any kind of candy, nuts or chocolate chips!
How To Make Blondies
In just a few simple steps these sweet treats will be ready to eat.
- Heat butter and brown sugar and stir together. Allow mixture to cool and whisk in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients then fold in half the M&M’s and half the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and top with remaining M&M’s and chocolate chips before baking.
Swap out the pink and red M&M’s for the perfect seasonal color for any time of the year!
Other Delicious Additions
Blondies are a perfect vehicle for a variety of sweet and colorful add-ins! Mix and match these favorites to find the perfect “sweet spot!”
- Candies: White chocolate chips, toffee bits, peanut butter chips, sprinkles, or mint candies
- Nuts: Toasted chopped walnuts, pecans, or peanuts
- Fruit: Coconut flakes, dried cranberries, cherries or raisins
- Sauces: Swirls of melted chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch sauce
The possibilities are endless!
How To Store Blondies
Store blondies the way you would store any bar or cookie. Keep them in an airtight container or a zippered bag and keep them away from direct light or heat. They will last about 10 days.
In this space, I am always sharing flavorful, fresh, (mostly) healthy recipes that I love to make and eat in my real, actual, every day life. If I wouldn’t eat it in real life, I won’t put in on the blog. You’re cooking for yourself, your family, your roommates, or your friends. I want you to be so excited about these recipes that you eagerly await 5pm when you can go home from work and start cooking.
Must-Try Sweet Treats
- Cream Cheese Brownies – rich, chocolatey, and fudgy!
- Cookie Dough Brownies – 3 layers of deliciousness
- Pumpkin Blondies – sweet, chewy, cinnamon-sugared treats!
- Turtle Brownies – gooey & delicious
- Circus Animal Blondies – loaded with circus animal cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ⅓ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 Pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
Heat butter and sugars over medium heat while stirring until smooth. Let cool 5 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time stirring until mixed. Add in vanilla.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder. Stir into the egg mixture. Add ½ of the M&Ms and ½ of the chocolate chips.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan and top with remaining M&M’s and chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool, remove from pan and Decrease into bars
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)